Perks/Privileges of Employment
- PT & FT Year-Round hours or Winter 2020-21 employment
- Affordable furnished housing
- 128 hours of Paid Time Off, plus Paid Sick Leave--if FT, Year-Round
- Health, Dental & Life Insurances, plus 401k Employer Match of up to $2,000 annually--if FT, Year-Round
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies & Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Overtime for hours worked over 40/week
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
"The mountains are calling and I must go..." for more than just a weekend! Join a growing, fast-paced team of hardworking, passionate, and adventurous individuals who strive to improve themselves and the Ranch every day. From multiple food & beverage outlets, to the stables, to the Spa, Devil's Thumb Ranch offers many "spokes" of opportunity to keep the wagon wheel turnin'.
Our mission at Devil’s Thumb Ranch is to offer guests and employees the true, premier Colorado experience. Working here means surrounding yourself with the great outdoors and the rugged individualism the West has always been known for. Living in Grand County offers opportunities to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, Lake Granby and Winter Park Ski Resort. From epic mountain biking to the growing music scene, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your skills across a variety of departments in an incredible setting.
By joining the team, you'll benefit from some of the same special experiences that make the Ranch an unsurpassed guest retreat: access to hiking and Nordic ski trails, discounts at all restaurant outlets, and fun, free employee events. Other great perks that come with the gig include: discounts on lodging, activities, retail and spa treatments, along with transitional affordable housing, free shuttle service, and a free meal during each shift.
Devil's Thumb Ranch is the choice Colorado employer that you have been searching for. Join us!
Principal Purpose of Job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and assist the Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Housekeeping Manager in promoting Devil's Thumb Ranch service standards, serving as a role model for Housekeeping staff as well as maintaining the integrity of the Ranch and Housekeeping operations, policies and standards across all three properties.
- Ability to be fully functional in the operations of Housekeeping with regards to cleaning rooms at all Devil’s Thumb Ranch properties
- Ability to be fully functional in the operations of Housekeeping duties according to Devil's Thumb Ranch service standards, including, but not limited to:
- Removing linens
- Making beds
- Trash removal
- Carpet cleaning
- Restocking housekeeping supplies
- Cleaning windows
- Prompt delivery of items requested by guests
- Making guests feel welcome and “at home”
- Being knowledgeable about other department offerings and hours
- Inspecting rooms prior to arrival, completing any cleaning needed
- Continually uphold top service and cleanliness standards at Devil's Thumb Ranch, VCI and Trailhead.
- Cross train with Commons and Housepeople in order to be able to assist wherever necessary.
- Uphold Ranch Service Standards at all times. Make recommendations to Management if they are not.
- Willing and able to work all shifts as necessary to ensure proper coverage
- Willing to be flexible with start and end time of shifts to ensure proper coverage.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance as scheduled
- Assist the Director of Lodging, General Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Supervisor(s) and Housekeeping Lead(s) with any tasks or projects as assigned. This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of all job expectations. With the evolution of Devil’s Thumb Ranch and other properties, the responsibilities of this position will change.
- Serve as a role model for employees and peers for behaviors pertaining to teamwork, service, effective communication and leadership.
- Ensure safety standards are upheld at all times.
- Report any incident which appears suspicious or could endanger the security of the Resort.
- Ensure that product quality standards are met in all areas of the department as they relate to the Devil's Thumb Ranch brand, appearance and cleanliness.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Ensure flow of communication within and between departments
- Benchmark best practices of competitors
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Any other duties as assigned by a Director or other Manager.
- Outgoing, approachable and friendly demeanor.
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Positive and proactive approach to teamwork and working with others
- Trustworthy and able to handle confidential paperwork, data and information.
- Excellent housekeeping skills, especially when resolving guest complaints in a positive manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Flexible when it comes to the needs of the Ranch and the department.
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least one year Housekeeping experience preferred
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including some nights, weekends and holidays
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record preferred.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.