Perks/Privileges of Employment
Principal Purpose of Job
- PT and FT hours available, depending on preference and availability
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies & Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Winter Park Ski Resort 1/2 price Season Pass discount (if employment maintains for at least 12 months)
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
: To assist in all Ranch operations by offering outstanding guest services and contributing to all Outdoor Facilities responsibilities in a safe and timely manner. Assist in snow removal operations to include, but not limited to: sidewalk and stair shoveling & running a snow blower; the possibility of operating a truck plow and large loader plow as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General maintenance of Ranch operations. To include, but not limited to: landscaping, trash removal, recycling process, snow removal, salting and de-icing, firewood preparation, etc.
Assist with agricultural needs such as fencing, cattle handling, haying operation, and agricultural irrigation, stable’s activities, etc.
Assist in all Ranch operations to provide the very best in guest services and safety to our guests.
Consistently provide exceptional guest experiences for all visitors to the Ranch.
Assist in daily housekeeping of Maintenance Barn and Yard.
Able and willing to cross train in all Ranch operations.
Report and aid repair of unsafe conditions throughout the Ranch.
Be an ambassador for the Ranch in promoting all other departments during guest interactions.
Ability to lift 75 lbs. on a routine basis.
Able and willing to drive a truck and trailer safely and effectively.
Able to safely and effectively drive a manual transmission vehicle.
: As needed and assigned by supervisor.
· Outgoing, friendly & responsible with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task, delegate, and alter priorities at short notice.
· Works well in both a team and as an individual. Enhances work efficiency of co-workers.
· Motivated & mature with ability to remain calm in all situations without direct supervision.
· Equipment and hand tool experience a plus.
· Able to work a flexible and unpredictable schedule.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious areas and around fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Turn and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include both close and distance vision.
: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Prior experience in alpine gardening and equipment operation preferred.
: Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.