Perks/Privileges of Employment
- The possibility of temporary transitional housing
- 128 hours of Paid Time Off, plus Paid Sick Leave
- Health, Dental & Life Insurances, plus 401k Employer Match of up to $2,000 annually
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies & Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
"The mountains are calling and I must go..." for more than just a weekend! Join a growing, fast-paced team of hardworking, passionate, and adventurous individuals who strive to improve themselves and the Ranch every day. From multiple food & beverage outlets, to the stables, to the Spa, Devil's Thumb Ranch offers many "spokes" of opportunity to keep the wagon wheel turnin'.
Our mission at Devil’s Thumb Ranch is to offer guests and employees the true, premier Colorado experience. Working here means surrounding yourself with the great outdoors and the rugged individualism the West has always been known for. Living in Grand County offers opportunities to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, Lake Granby and Winter Park Ski Resort. From epic mountain biking to the growing music scene, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your skills across a variety of departments in an incredible setting.
By joining the team, you'll benefit from some of the same special experiences that make the Ranch an unsurpassed guest retreat: access to hiking and Nordic ski trails, discounts at all restaurant outlets, and fun, free employee events. Other great perks that come with the gig include: discounts on lodging, activities, retail and spa treatments, along with transitional affordable housing, free shuttle service, and a free meal during each shift.
Devil's Thumb Ranch is the choice Colorado employer that you have been searching for. Join us!
The Restaurant Manager for Heck's Tavern
will support and contribute to the mission and overall success of Heck’s Tavern, Hallowed Grounds and In Room Dining F&B operations as part of the Devil’s Thumb Ranch family of properties. Includes employee oversight, guest satisfaction, service standards, and menu development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Leads overall organization and operation of the food and beverage front of house operation and its staff.
- Assists Executive Director of F&B with developing and implementing new and innovative revenue generating strategies.
- Assists Devil's Thumb Ranch Lodging in providing service to all guests of the resort.
- Ensures proactive communication with back of the house/culinary operation.
- Ensures highest level of guest service and satisfaction in line with Devil's Thumb Ranch service standards.
- Oversees selection, training, motivation, development, and coaching of departmental staff.
- Leads training and product knowledge efforts for staff.
- Fulfills all administrative duties in a timely manner including scheduling, payroll, termination paperwork, performance reviews, etc.
- Follows established SOPs and creates new SOPs as needed. Refers to Executive F&B Director for final approval before implementation.
- Creates and maintains restaurant budgets and allocation of resources accordingly.
- Oversees purchasing, receiving, inventory, and rotation of all beverages.
- Assists with ensuring proper maintenance and operation of the restaurant equipment and facilities.
- Works the floor and acts as support staff in all positions as needed.
- Maintains ongoing and frequent contact with guests, solicits feedback and helps ensure guest satisfaction.
- Receives, investigates, and acts upon complaints from guests and employees to ensure resolution.
- Ensures highest degree of cleanliness for all F&B areas.
- Recycles any and all products possible in line with sustainability efforts; encourages and oversees staff do the same.
- Assists with ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation as designated by management and the health department.
- Protects company assets through correct usage and prompt maintenance of tools and property.
- Completes other tasks/duties as assigned by Executive F&B Director, GM or Owners.
- Involvement and engagement with local community in order to build relationships, heighten visibility and solicit business.
- Assists in identifying / creation / collaboration with F&B management team on successful revenue generating efforts to maximize sales opportunities and grow revenues.
- Self-starter who can make decisions with limited information and oversight
- Can-do attitude; does what it takes to get things done
- Ability to serve as a role model and lead by example with employees and managers
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving and project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of organization and follow-up skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities or information in order to improve known practices or develop new approaches
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Team player who also has the capacity to work independently
- Willingness to keep up with industry trends and innovations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and meet deadlines
- Professionalism and the ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues
- Proven ability to lead, develop, train and retain staff
- Must demonstrate a “sense of urgency” when dealing with both external and internal guests
- Ability to remain calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Degree or Certificate in Hospitality/Restaurant or comparable Management program
- Minimum of three years restaurant management experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, to include Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn web-based computer systems
- Knowledge of F&B POS system
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Commensurate with experience.