Perks/Privileges of Employment:
- PT & FT Year-Round hours or Summer 2020 employment
- Affordable furnished housing if working a minimum of 30 hours/week
- 128 hours of Paid Time Off, plus Paid Sick Leave--if FT, Year-Round
- Health, Dental & Life Insurances, plus 401k Employer Match of up to $2,000 annually--if FT, Year-Round
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies & Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Overtime for hours worked over 40/week
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
Devil's Thumb Ranch in Tabernash, Colorado is currently seeking talented cooks that are looking to take their career to the next level. Applicants must have a strong appreciation for Saute and classic cuisine, as well as be motivated by modern technique.
Opportunities exist for advancement in our high-end steak house and our Italian restaurant in Winter park. We are a teaching culinary department rooted in classic cuisine, while keeping a firm footing in modern technique. Our goal is to advance our team members' careers by educating, providing quality hands on experience, and real world application. We have a Wagyu cattle program that is growing to be one of the largest herds in the country. We are in process of designing a large greenhouse project, which will make use of low level lighting, vertical growing, and compost heating. We have planned 2 closure dates a year in which our Chef will try and assist securing stages for team members around the country.
Principal Purpose of Job:
The Saute/Grill/Pantry/Garde Manger Cook (opportunities exist in all facets) is responsible for preparing items as per the recipe, adhering to portioning and quality standards set by the Chefs. Knowledge of basic line cooking skills and plate presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing items as per recipe, portion and quality standards set by all chefs.
- Responsible for the preparation of items to be cooked on the stove top and baked in the oven, including building sauces a la minute and often saucing grill items; knowledge of basic sauté/grill techniques; preparing and plating vegetables.
- Break down cuts of meat/fish and portion them accordingly.
- Familiarity with approved and sage cooking temperatures.
- Familiarity with poaching, oven poaching, baking, searing of food items and stir fry techniques.
- Familiarity with the classic building of sauces for meats, fish and pastas.
- Stores meats and fish appropriately.
- Works closely with grill cook in the timing and preparation of food items.
- Oversees the set-up of the sauté station, including ice and the prep of such sauté items as chopped garlic.
- Maintaining food quality and producing food for Heck's Tavern with minimal waste.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Assist in Kitchen prep.
- Must be able to multi-task and plan effectively.
- Complete opening and closing side work to assist back of house and front of house operations.
- Ensure Ranch Mission is executed.
- Assist in all F&B outlets when needed.
- Knowledge of Events and Ranch Wide areas of the property.
Hard working, able to work independently, good listening skills, & a team player
Ability to lift 50 pounds, general cleaning, set up, walking a lot, and able to stand for long periods of time (up to 10 hours per day).
Minimum 16 years of age
Gloves may be worn to protect hands from hot water.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.